This course is designed in compliance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, STCW / 78 as amended, for all seafarers that need instructions and knowledge in security awareness for seafarers with designated security duties, IMO MODEL COURSE 3.26 according to Regulation VI/6, Section A‐VI/6, paragraphs 6‐8 and Table A‐VI/6‐2
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers before employing on a seagoing ship.
Successful graduates from this course should be able to:
- inform about current threats and patterns used to violate security measures.
- recognise and detect dangerous and harmful substances and objects.
- recognise potential terrorists or suspicious situations without being discriminatory elements such as culture, language and more.
- apply different techniques used to circumvent the protection on ships and ports of call.
- apply all matters relating to security in communications.
- manage, monitor and implement the right inspection techniques.
- operate different existing safety equipment and protection systems.
- apply the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- apply methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo and ship’s stores
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. This course is designed and structured in strict accordance with the IMO Model Course 3.26.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 150 euro