This course is designed to deck personnel working on ship’s bridge, having watchkeeping, voyage planning attributes and monitoring ship’s voyage tasks.
Blended (75% online on GIMET e-learning platform, 25% simulator scenarios)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers before employing on a seagoing ship. However, all personnel who have specific responsibilities on board must receive adequate training according to their duties and responsibilities.
This course addresses mainly non-technical skills. Successful graduates from this course should be able to:
- apply clear procedures during the voyage preparation and voyage execution.
- work independently with all nautical publications prior and during any sea voyage.
- apply clear procedures to avoid, or cut the error chain.
- pay sufficient attention to the Under Keel Clearance (UKC) as a significant parameter of ship’s safety.
- as a team’s member, apply strict rules to maximize the teamworking results.
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials: subtitles (or Speaker Notes) of the video lessons, articles, notes, diagrams, dictionaries, guides, link to useful resources, etc. Also, trainees will run 2 independent simulator scenarios.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types and a practical simulator scenario. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 400 $