This course is designed in compliance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, STCW / 78 as amended – under the regulation VI 6, paragraphs 1‐3, Section A‐VI/6, paragraph 4 and Table A‐VI/6‐1, IMO Model Course 3.27 and Chapter XI‐2 of SOLAS 74 and ISPS Code.
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers before employing on a seagoing ship.
Successful graduates will be able to:
- apply requirements of the different levels of protection.
- recognize and detect dangerous and harmful substances and objects.
- recognize potential terrorists or suspicious situations without being discriminatory elements, such as culture, language, among others.
- apply the techniques used to circumvent security measures.
- apply the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. This course is designed and structured in strict accordance with the IMO Model Course 3.27.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 150 $