This course aims to offer a focused and detailed presentation of operation of Wartsila RT-flex Engine.
Blended: as a mixture of teaching lessons conducted by GIMET instructor via Zoom (or similar) audio-video communication system and facilities offered by a powerful e-learning platform. If local trainees form a 6-student class, the qualified trainer will deliver the lessons at the venue of GIMET training centre: 47 bis, Mihai Viteazul Street, 2nd floor, Constanta, Romania.
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all chief engineers, second engineers, engineering officers, electrotechnical officers, marine superintendents or any other technical staff considered by shipping companies, as well as crew and staff wishing to improve their general knowledge on Wartsila RT-flex engines.
The participants should have basic knowledge of the low speed, 2-stroke diesel engine, which will be demonstrated by an initial test organized at the beginning of the course.
At the end of the course, trainees should be able to:
- have sufficient knowledge of the Wartsila RT-flex Engine concept and performances;
- describe the RT-flex engines’ control system, MPC and control network;
- explain in detail the RT flex engines’ Hydraulic Power Supply (HPS) system, Hydraulic Cylinder Unit (HCU) system, fuel oil systems, exhaust valve system and auxiliaries.
- demonstrate how the safest and most efficient ways of operation of the RT-flex engines are applied into practice.
- Course’s aim, objectives and structure.
- Introduction to RT-flex engine design.
- Differences to conventional RTA engines. Philosophy of RT-flex technology.
- RT-flex systems and components (Parts 1 and 2)
- flexView – Details of the RT-flex engine data visualization tool
- Fuel Supply Unit. Servo Oil Supply Unit. Fuel Pump.
- Shutdown and PVC.
- Fuel Injection Control Unit (ICU).
- Exhaust Valve Control Unit (VCU).
- Engine control system.
- Remote control.
- Control panels.
- flexView Operation
A more detailed leaflet is available by request.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online assessment, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized course completion certificate.
Price: 900 $ or 800 euro
A more detailed price scheme is available by request.