The ME Engine Knowledge and Operation Course aims to offer a focused and detailed presentation of actual systems of the latest generation of the MAN Electronic (ME) Engine.
Blended: as a mixture of teaching lessons conducted by GIMET instructor via Zoom (or similar) audio-video communication system and facilities offered by a powerful e-learning platform. If local trainees form a 6-student class, the qualified trainer will deliver the lessons at the venue of GIMET training centre: 47 bis, Mihai Viteazul Street, 2nd floor, Constanta, Romania.
Course Entry Requirements:
chief engineers, second engineers, engineering officers, electrotechnical officers, marine superintendents or any other technical staff considered by shipping companies, as well as crew and staff wishing to improve their general knowledge on electronically controlled MAN two stroke engines.
The participants should have basic knowledge of the 2-stroke diesel engine, which will be demonstrated by an initial test organized at the beginning of the course.
At the end of the course, trainees should be able to:
- have sufficient knowledge of the ME Engine concept and performances;
- describe the ME engines’ control system, MPC and control network;
- explain in detail the ME Engines’ Hydraulic Power Supply (HPS) system, Hydraulic Cylinder Unit (HCU) system, fuel oil systems, exhaust valve system and auxiliaries.
- demonstrate how the safest and most efficient ways of operation of the ME engines are applied into practice.
- Course’s aim, objectives and structure.
- MAN B&W Low Speed Propulsion Engines’ Designations. Brief description of the ME engines
- ME Engine Control System
- ME Engine Operation and troubleshooting
- ME Engine Detailed Structure
- ME Fuel Oil System
- ME PMI and EDS systems
A more detailed leaflet is available by request.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online assessment, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized course completion certificate.
Price: 800 $ or 700 euro
A more detailed price scheme is available by request.