The course aims to provide knowledge to those seafarers fulfilling responsibilities in carriage and manipulation of dangerous goods by ships.
Seafarers of any rank aiming to work onboard vessels that transport dangerous goods.
3 days (24 hours)
METHOD OF DELIVERY:
The course consists of a series of classroom lectures and educational movies. Lecture sessions are conducted by a GIMET instructor in a classroom. Alternatively, students may access the course online, on Gimet e-learning platform.
A final assessment is scheduled at the end of day 3 of the course, covering the course’s curricula.
Trainees that successfully complete this course are awarded an internationally recognized course certificate.
At the end of the course, trainees should be able to:
1. indicate relevant international conventions and regulations regarding dangerous goods;
2. recognize the risks posed by dangerous goods;
3. mark and label the containers of dangerous goods;
4. prepare, load, stow and segregate dangerous goods;
5. use protection equipment and apply safety measures to prevent exposure to dangerous goods;
6. apply emergency procedures, including first aid measures.
Day 1 (8 hrs): IMDG Code. Classes of dangerous goods
Day 2 (8 hrs). Identifying dangerous goods
Packing dangerous goods
Labelling dangerous goods
Day 3 (8 hrs) Stowing and segregating dangerous goods onboard ship
Onboard Safety measures
International legislation regarding dangerous goods
PRICE: 80 Euro
To apply for this course please press HERE