This course aims to provide knowledge, understanding and proficiency required by Regulation V/2 paragraphs 4 and 6 of the STCW Convention, as amended, and Table A-V/2-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers before employing on a seagoing ship.
Successful graduates from this course should be able to explain, demonstrate and define:
1. Causes of marine disasters and crises
2. Crisis Management Plan
3. Psychological features and actions of people in emergency
4. Causes and characteristics of mass panic
5. Crowd control
6. Leadership and communications in emergencies
7. Ship Emergency Plan (SEP) and procedures
8. Assist passengers enroute to muster and embarkation stations
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. This course is designed and structured in strict accordance with the IMO Model Courses 1.28 and 1.29.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 100 Euro