This course is designed in compliance with Chapter VI, Section A-VI/1 and tables A-VI/1-1 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for seafarers (STCW) Code, as amended.
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers, of all ranks, including auxiliary personnel onboard of passenger ships and other types of merchant, drilling/offshore or highly specialized ships wishing to renew their Basic Safety Training certificate (once every 5 years).
At the end of this course, successful trainee will be able to explain, describe and identify the correct procedure of the following operations:
- donning a lifejacket and use an immersion suit.
- righting an inverted life raft while wearing a lifejacket.
- swimming while wearing a lifejacket and keeping afloat without a lifejacket.
- boarding a survival craft from ship and water while wearing a lifejacket.
- taking initial actions on boarding survival craft to enhance chance of survival.
- streaming a drogue or sea-anchor.
- operating survival craft equipment.
- operating location devices, including radio equipment.
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. This course is designed and structured in strict accordance with the IMO Model Course 1.19.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 150 $