This course is designed in compliance with Chapter VI, Section A-VI/1 and tables A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4 of the STCW Code of the International Convention on standards of training, certification and Watchkeeping for seafarers STCW/78 Code, as amended
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers, of all ranks, including auxiliary personnel onboard of passenger ships and other types of merchant, drilling/offshore or highly specialized ships wishing to renew their Basic Safety Training certificate (once every 5 years).
At the end of this course, successful trainee will be able to explain, describe and identify the correct procedure of the following operations:
- donning a lifejacket and use an immersion suit.
- righting an inverted life raft while wearing a lifejacket.
- swimming while wearing a lifejacket and keeping afloat without a lifejacket.
- boarding a survival craft from ship and water while wearing a lifejacket.
- taking initial actions on boarding survival craft to enhance chance of survival.
- streaming a drogue or sea-anchor.
- operating survival craft equipment.
- operating location devices, including radio equipment.
- taking appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and of the ship and to use fire appliances correctly.
- identifying, combatting or preventing events that may facilitate a fire hazard or cause a fire.
- encountering an accident or medical emergency until the arrival of a competent person in charge of medical care on board.
- describing the body structure, in terms of skeleton, joints, muscles and tendons, major organs (brain, heart, lungs, etc.), circulatory, respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems, as well as stating the functions of the organs and systems of organs forming the human body structure.
- complying with the correct procedures in different emergency situations that can occur on board a ship.
- taking the necessary measures to prevent marine pollution.
- observing safe working practices.
- understanding orders and maintaining effective human relations on board ship.
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. This package of courses is designed and structured in strict accordance with the following IMO Model Courses: 1.13, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21.
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 250 euro