This course is addressed to seafarers of all ranks that join a container ship.
Online (100% on GIMET e-learning platform)
Course Entry Requirements:
The course is open to all seafarers and prospective seafarers before employing on a containership.
At the end of this course, successful trainee will be able to:
- describe the container ships’ general structure and arrangements,
- enumerate types of containers,
- apply the rules to number the containers,
- explain the general system of securing/lashing the containers onboard ship
- apply the Standard maritime Communication Phrases when loading/unloading cargoes.
Candidates will use the GIMET e-learning platform to watch a series of video lessons, and to access a broad range of teaching materials. The structure of the course includes:
- Container ship: general structure, equipment and arrangement;
- Containers numbering
- Container securing/lashing system
- Standard maritime Communication Phrases (SMCP) – cargo and cargo handling
- New crew members familiarization
Course Assessment and Certification:
At the end of the course the trainee has to pass an online Final Exam, consisting in 20 items of various types. On successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded an internationally recognized Course Certificate.
Price: 200 $